Kennedy Names Top Firms in Crowded New Market Entry Strategy Consulting Space
In this complex and demanding specialty, Kennedy’s exclusive Vanguard identifies and assesses leading consulting providers on breadth and depth of capabilities.
Keene, NH (All News Wire) Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory, the leader in market analysis on the consulting profession, announces an in-depth examination of New Market Entry Strategy as a consulting specialty. The report, New Market Entry Strategy Consulting, identifies current engagement trends and rates top firms’ specific competencies, strengths and weaknesses in a marketplace where few viable frontiers remain, and clients prefer a more cross-functional, systematic approach to the new markets they’re looking to enter.
“The nature of new market entry puts a premium on both depth and breadth of consulting provider capabilities across segments, industries, and geographic regions,” according to Nathan Simon, Kennedy’s Senior Analyst and Lead for Strategy and Operations Management Consulting Research. “The competitiveness of the market, together with the range of services in demand, results in some unusual cohabitation, with consultancies working alongside not only client company teams but also various other external service providers.”
And, although New Market Entry is an inherently volatile consulting competency, and companies are not making a lot of big bets on new markets, the confluence of resources and incentives inside companies and their core markets — together with developments in the external environment — has, in fact, produced strong and stable growth in engagements.
The exclusive research defines and examines these and other core issues impacting the competitive landscape and demand for New Market Entry Strategy advisory services, and features three client project summaries on new market entry engagements in China, Burma, and vertical market opportunities in existing geographies. It also includes valuable, in-depth profiles of New Market Entry Strategy consulting firms with capability maps illustrating each practice’s standing by their ability to identify and assess:
- New product and consumer segments
- Opportunities in new industry sectors
- New geographic markets
…and practice strengths in the key engagement areas of:
- Customer Strategy — evaluation and incorporation of marketing and branding, customer segmentation, pricing, and channels
- Entry Strategy — evaluation and development of organic, M&A, and nontraditional (alliances, joint ventures, licensing agreements, partnerships, and digital) entry strategies
- Governance Model Strategy — evaluation and development of management structures, responsibilities, and performance measures employed in new market entry strategies
- Operating Model Strategy — evaluation and development of marketing, product development, and support processes on the operations side; and planning, sourcing, production, and distribution elements on the supply chain side
- Government Affairs Strategy — management of government affairs and political risks such as those arising from legislation, regulation, instability, and corruption
- Risk Management — management of operational and strategic risks, such as those that impact supply chains, human resources, management structures, economic environment, competitors, and business partners
Profiled firms in New Market Entry Strategy Consulting include:
- Accenture; A.T. Kearney; Bain & Company; BearingPoint; The Boston Consulting Group; Booz & Company; BowerGroupAsia; Bridge Strategy; Camelot; Capgemini; Deloitte; Ernst & Young; Grant Thornton; IBM; Innosight; KPMG; Kurt Salmon; L.E.K.; McKinsey & Company; Oliver Wyman Group; PwC; Roland Berger Strategy Consultants; Simon-Kucher & Partners; and Technomic Asia
About Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory
A Bloomberg BNA Business
Founded in 1970, Kennedy Consulting Research & Advisory provides accurate and reliable market sizing and forecasts on consulting services world-wide, needs-analysis and vendor profiling for buyers of consulting services, timely and insightful intelligence on the top consulting firms in their respective markets, and operational benchmarks that measure consulting performance.
Kennedy’s research spans multiple service areas, client vertical industries, and geographies. Our analysts provide expert commentary at consulting industry events world-wide, and offer custom research for Management Consulting and IT Services firms.
Kennedy’s advisory services provide results-oriented strategic guidance to buyers and sellers of consulting services.
Our clientele consists of Fortune 500 companies and the most highly regarded professional services firms in the world, representing over 90% of the service providers in consulting.
Kennedy’s parent company, Bloomberg BNA, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Bloomberg L.P., is a leading source of legal, regulatory, and business information for professionals.
More information is available for you at www.KennedyInfo.com/Consulting.